sample

Thursday 29 May 2014

Stencilling away!


When this post goes live, I will be away (for work) enjoying beautiful British Columbia - some time in Vancouver but most of the time I will be in Victoria.  I've never been to Vancouver Island so I've been looking forward to my time there this coming week.  This week it is Avril's turn to set our challenge and she has asked us to use a stencil.

Our youngest son. T.J. and his girlfriend Bethany, announced their engagement this week!!  Dave and I are thrilled to 'officially' welcome Bethany to our family and wish them both a lifetime of happiness!




In honour of their engagement, I had love and hearts on my mind when I set out to make this card.  I quickly found out that I do not have a lot of heart 'things' in my stash.  I may have to rectify that over the coming months!  I was still able to convey the message I wanted with my card.


I used 2 different mists and some coloured molding paste as the base for the card.  I also added some glitter to the molding paste while it was drying.

So please join our Crazy Card Party this week and share your stencil project.


Supplies used:  Chevron stencil, Neenah paper, PTI dies, Stampin Up banner die, Golden Light molding paste, Glimmer mist, Prima Color Bloom Mist, Hero Arts ink, PTI twine, glitter, sequins

6 comments:

Sharon said...

Love how it turned out Kathryn! The bold black sentiment is perfect with the stencilled background.

Congratulations Bethany and T.J.!!

Regan said...

whoooot!!! awesome news...great card too..lol

Rosanne said...

This card is terrific!

Avril Tanner said...

congrats! Love the card and the way you used the stencils!

Patricia said...

Congratulations! Great card Kathryn!

Deanna said...

Yay! Congrats to them! Such a great card!